Derby Day Estates and Collectibles Auction
Saturday, May 6 9:00 a.m.
Lexington Auction & Estate Sales 964 Floyd Drive Lexington, KY
Great selection, including items from the Lexington estate of the late David L. Morton, Jr., to include Kentucky and Lexington History books; Pageant of Kentucky’s Historic Past – June 16, 1924 Harrodsburg, KY; J. Winston Coleman; Thomas D. Clark; Frank Mathias; Scott; William H. Townsend; Kerr & Wright; Harlan Hubbard; Staples; DeCamp; Allen J. Share; Pursell; History of Fayette County Kentucky, 1882 by Robert Peter, M.D.; John De Pol; Miriam Woolfolk; Opp Bussell, Jr.; 1824 leather bound volume “The Constitutions of the United Staes of America, with the latest amendments. Also the Declaration of Independence, Articles of Confederation with The Federal Constitution – Printed and Published by Thomas T. Skillman, Lexington, KY; Military references; Vintage Cars; Owner’s manuals – 1966 Ford Mustang (car purchased at Harper’s Garage in Carlisle, KY), 1961 Cadillac, 1951 Kaiser, 1942 Plymouth Service Manual, Morris Minor booklet; Transylvania Prin. Co. Constitution, By-Laws and membership, Confederate Veteran Association of Kentucky, With Name, Rank, Command and Residence, 1891 – Second Edition; Civil War books, and more. Auction will begin with book selections.
Fine cherry furniture made by David L. Morton, Sr. including twin beds, dressing table, bench, mirror, chest, inlaid gate-leg dining room table, drop leaf side table; Barrister bookcase, sheet music cabinet, maple full size bed, dictionary stand, needlepoint and cane seat rockers, Electric train sets, wooden motor boat model, Erector set, Lincoln Logs, Machine Man wind-up reproduction robot, 1950′s tin Harley biker with side car, BO walking Peter Puppy, Farrah’s Dressing Room Playset (in original box), brass lamps, GWTW style lamps, cuckoo clock, claw foot organ stool, display tables, steam engines (Empire, Jensen, Wilesco, Fleishman, Ertl), Western Germany made steam engine, Ansoni 8-day wall clock in octagonal case, Seth Thomas mantle clock, Robert L. Hamon 1992 Glidden Tour sculpture, Zither, early top hat, bisque doll, iron skillets, misc. toys and games, Capitol reverse painting on glass, good frames, mixed materials floor lamp, coal hod, girandole set, brass wall sconces, chamber set, misc. china and glassware, and much more.
Indian Artifacts and Collectibles: frames of points and drills from the Kentucky and Tennessee borders, lg. board of artifacts from Nashville area, frame of prehistoric bone tools, pottery shards, early pottery jars and water bottles from Arkansas, west Tennessee water bottles, painted west Texas pottery jar, Arizona and Missouri pottery, Turtle effigy plate, turtle bowl, frame of Cumberland River artifacts, lg. stone mortar and pestle, post Civil War bags of marbles noted as having been found in ruins of a burned out marble factory in Atlanta, GA, other marbles, framed James Garfield Peace Medal and Collar dated 1881, copper tea kettle and cup with tag attributing it to Hudson Bay Co., Hudson Bay glass trade bead necklace with triple cross, hand forged Revolutionary Pike Head with tag reading “1740-1780 North Carolina”, decorative Native American items, pre-Columbian pottery figures, hand woven basket, Kachina, frame with knives, frames with KKK items, frame with old brass knuckles found in the wall of an Augusta, KY home, frame with brass lock and key, souvenir knives, frames with Nazi medals, frame with 1862 Lincoln Peace medal, frame with Indian Affairs metal tag, old fishing rods with reels, canes, and more.
Derby Eve Preview: Friday, May 5 from 4 to 7 p.m.
Terms: Cash or check with proper ID. Visa and MasterCard accepted. 10% Buyer’s Premium added on all items.
April – Books
- Pills, Petticoats, and Plows – Thomas D. Clark
- This is Kentucky – Robert A. Powell, signed
- Six Sketches of Kentucky: From the Pamphlets of J. Winston Coleman – Edward T. Houlihan, Editor
- Killing Reagan (2); Killing Lincoln; Killing Jesus – Bill O’Reilly
- Mustang 1964-1973; Mustang Does It! – Ray Miller; Mustang – Richard Carlyon
- An Album of Memoirs: Personal Histories from the Greatest Generation; The Greatest Generation; A Long Way Home – Tom Brokaw
- The Nation’s Hangar: Aircraft Treasures of the Smithsonian – Smithsonian Books; 50 Aircraft That Changed the World – Dick and Patterson; Spirits in the Sky: Classic Aircraft of World War – Matin Bowman; Building the B-29 – Jacob Vander Meulen; The Legacy of the DC-3 – Henry M. Holden; B-17 Flying Fortress: A Bombing legend – Michael O’Leary.
- The G.I. Generation: A Memoir – Frank F. Mathias
- Souvenir Program: Pageant of Kentucky’s Historic Past, June 16, 1924 Harrodsburg, KY – Mrs. W. T. Lafferty
- The Springs of Kentucky – J. Winston Coleman, signed
- Lexington During the Civil War – J. Winston Coleman
- Time-Life Books: 1942: Into the Battle; Outraged Skies; WWII: History of the Second World War; The U-Boats: The Dreadnoughts
- Kentucky’s Horse-Drawn Era – Jeanine and Berkeley Scott
- Stephen E. Ambrose titles: Americans at War; Band of Brothers; D-Day; Nothing Like It in the World
- Eric Sloane titles: A Museum of Early American Tools; Diary of an Early American Boy
- Thomas D. Clark of Kentucky – Kleber
- The Kentucky – Thomas D. Clark
- A Long Row to Hoe – Billy C. Clark – The Life of a Kentucky Riverboy.
- Veteran and Vintage Cars – Wise; Veteran and Vintage Cars – Peter Roberts
- Cars of the Thirties and Fourties – Sedgwick; Antique Automobiles
- Classic Pickups – John Carroll; This Was Trucking – Robert F. Karolevitz
- Masonry in the Bluegrass, 1788-1935 – J. Winston Coleman, signed
- William H. Townsend titles, both signed: Lincoln’s “Rebel” Niece; Lincoln and Liquor
- The Court-Houses of Lexington – J. Winston Coleman, signed
- Lexington: A Century in Photographs – Kerr and Wright
- Conduct Under Fire: Four American Doctors and Their Fight For Life as Prisoners of the Japanese – John A. Glusman
- Bill Mauldin titles: Up Front; Bill Mauldin’s Army
- Roosevelt in Retrospect: A Profile in History – John Gunther; Eleanor and Franklin – Joseph P. Lash
- Shantyboat – A River Way of Life – Harlan Hubbard
- The Most Orderly of Disorderly Houses – William H. Townsend
- History of Pioneer Lexington (KY.) – Staples
- Hundred Proof – Salt River Sketches and Memoirs of the Bluegrass – William H. Townsend
- Historic Kentucky – J. Winston Coleman, signed
- The Nature Sketchbook – Ray Harm
- The Army – The Army Historical Foundation
- The Roads We Traveled: An Amusing History of the Automobile – Waitley; Motoring in America: The Early Years – Edited by Frank Oppel
- The Dodge Story – Thomas A. McPherson
- Self Propelled Vehicles – James Homans; Engines of Change – Paul Ingrassia; Illustrated Motor-Cars of the World; Automobiles et Modeles Reduits
- Horse Mania – Rezny/Purcell
- Lexington During the Civil War – J. Winston Coleman, signed
- The Bluegrass of Kentucky – DeCamp, signed
- The Squire’s Sketches of Lexington – J. Winston Coleman, signed
- Cities in the Commonwealth, Allen J. Share
- Kentucky in Retrospect (1967 Edition), Ion Pursell
- Kentucky: A Pictoral History, J. Winston Coleman, signed
- Lindbergh: Flight’s Enigmatic Hero, Von Hardesty; And I Was There, Rear Admiral Edwin T. Layton; war Stories, III, Oliver North; Tragic Victories, Edward Jablonski
- The Years of MacArthur: Triumph & Disaster 1945-1964, D. Clayton James; Patton’s Eyes in the Sky, Tom Ivie; Navigating the Pacific, W. R. Engle, signed
- Motor’s Auto Repair Manual (4), Motor’s Factory shop Manual, 1941
- How to Service and Repair Your Own Car, Richard Day; Automobile Engineering, Vol. V; Where’s Your License, Hickmott
- The Little Colonel’s Hero, Johnston; The Little Colonel Stories, Johnston; The Hardy Boys: The House on the Cliff, Franklin W. Dixon
- Lexington City Directory 1984, 1985, 1986
- Lincoln for the Ages, Ralph O’Newman, Editor; The New McGuffey Third Reader; Silent Night, Stanley Weintraub; Battle Hymn, Hess
- History of Fayette County Kentucky, 1882, Robert Peter, M.D. Spine damage.
- History of Pioneer Lexington, Staples, signed
- Hundred Proof – Salt River Sketches and Memoirs of the Bluegrass, William H. Townsend
- The Squire’s Memoirs, J. Winston Coleman, signed
- J. Winston Coleman: An Autobiographical Sketch, J. Winston Coleman, signed
- The Collected Writings, J. Winston Coleman, signed
- Stagecoach Days in the Bluegrass, J. Winston Coleman, signed
- The Wright Brothers, David McCullough, Will Rogers; Painter and Patriot, William P. Welsh; Never Complain Never Explain, Lasky
- Those Who Fell, John Muirhead; The Wild Blue, Boyne Thompson; Wings or Morning, Childers; A Neighborhood of Eagles, Norman Rudi; Pearl Harbor: December 7, 1941, Scott C.S. Stone; Friendly Invasion: Memoirs of Operation Bolero, Buckton; Flags of our Fathers, James Bradley with Ron Powers (2)
- Steam on the Road, David Burgess Wise
- National Service Data book
- The Encyclopedia of the World’s Classic Cars, Graham Robeson
- Chrysler shop Manual
- 1966 Ford Mustang owner’s manual
- 1942 Plymouth Service Manual; Plymouth Its first 40 Years, Gary L. Blonson
- 1961 Cadillac owners manual
- 1951 Kaiser owners manual
- Morris Minor information booklet
- Ranck’s Guide to Lexington, Kentucky, 1974 printing
- Lexington’s First and Second City Directory, 1953, J. Winston Coleman
- History of Lexington Lodge No. 1, F. & A.M., 1951, J. Winston Coleman
- Old Episcopal Burying Ground in Lexington, KY, John De Pol
- The Picture History of World War II
- “The Good War” An Oral History of World War Two, Studs Terkel
- Kentucky’s Covered Bridges, Miriam Woolfolk, signed
- The Boone Way Man, Opp Bussell, Jr., signed
- Meet Squire Coleman, Holman Hamilton & Edward T. Houlihan, signed by J. Winston Coleman
- Bomber Pilot – A Memoir of World War II, Philip Ardery
- William P. Welsh – Painter and Patriot, 1982 William P. Welsh Society
- Joe Creason’s Kentucky, The Courier-Journal/The Louisville Times
- 83-100 Books
- The American Heritage Picture History of The Civil War, 2 Vol. set, Bruce Cattan 83a. The American Heritage Picture History of The Civil War, Catton
- Civil War Lexington, Kentucky
- Mr. Lincoln’s Camera Man – Mathew B. Brady, Roy Meredith
- Maps of the Civil War – The Roads They Took, David Phillips
- National Geographic Eyewitness to the Civil War
- The civil War – an Illustrated history, Geoffrey C. Ward
- Team of Rivals – The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln, Doris Kearns Goodwin
- A Pictorial History of The Civil War Years, Paul M. Angle
- Field of Battle – The Civil War Letters of Major Thomas J. Halsey; The Civil War “Tenting Tonight – The Soldier’s Life”
- Reflections on Lee, Charles P. Roland; Robert E. Lee, Roy Blount, Jr.
- Quotations from Abraham Lincoln, Ralph Y. McGinnis, The Army of the Potomac – Mr. Lincoln’s Army, Bruce Catton; The Army of the Potomac – Glory Road, Bruce Catton
- Russell’s Civil War Photographs, Andrew J. Russel
- 1861-1865: The Adventure of the Civil War told with Pictures, Irving Werstein
- Civil War Round Table 1953-1978 The First Quarter Century; Civil War Round Table 1953-1983 Three Decades of the Kentucky Civil War Round Table
- The Civil War – Fort Sumter to Perryville, Shelby Foote; Two Roads to Sumter, William and Bruce Cattan
- The Memoirs of Charles Henry Veil, Viola; The Civil War – The First Year Told by Those Who Lived It, Robert Paul Jordan
- All on Fire, Henry Mayer; The Glory and the Dream, William Manchester, Strange Battles of the Civil War, Webb Garrison, Jr.
- Andersonville, McKinley Kantor; Battle Cry of Freedom – The Civil War Era, James M. McPherson; A Short History of the Civil War, Fletcher Pratt
1. 12 X 18 Wood Frame Of Points From Kentucky And Tennessee Boarders.
2. 12 X 18 Wood Frame Of Points From Kentucky And Tennessee Boarders.
3. 9 X 18 Wood Frame Of Drills From Kentucky And Tennessee Boarders.
4. Repaired Long Neck 800-1200 Years Old Mississippi County Arkansas Prehistoric Pottery Water Bottle.
5. Solid Condition 900-1200 Years Old Designed Sides And Flared Rim Pottery Jar From Lafayette County
6. . 9 X 12 Frame Of Broken Pottery Types From Kentucky And Tennessee Boarders.
7. Large Frame Of Miscellaneous Arrow Points, Blades, Knives, Axes, And Stone Tools From Cumberland
8. 12 X 18 Wood Frame Of Points From Kentucky And Tennessee Boarders.
9. 12 X 18 Wood Frame Of Points From Kentucky And Tennessee Boarders.
10. Large Prehistoric 500-700 Year Old Stone Mortar And Roller Pestle From Southwestern U.S. Region.
11. 12 X 18 Wood Frame Of Points From Kentucky And Tennessee Boarders.
12. 12 X 18 Wood Frame Of Points From Kentucky And Tennessee Boarders.
13. West Tennessee Pottery Water Bottle With Damage.
14. West Tennessee Pottery Water Bowl With Damage.
15. Solid Condition 900-1400 Years Old Painted Pottery Jar From West Texas Region.
16. 12 X 18 Wood Frame Of Points From Kentucky And Tennessee Boarders.
17. 12 X 18 Wood Frame Of Points From Kentucky And Tennessee Boarders.
18. Bag Of Old Marbles. Tag Reads Found Post Civil War In Ruins Of Burned Out Marble Factory Atlanta
19. Bag Of Old Marbles. Tag Reads Found Post Civil War In Ruins Of Burned Out Marble Factory Atlanta
20. 12 X 18 Wood Frame With President James Garfield Peace Medal And Collar Dated 1881.
21. Copper Tea Kettle And Cup. Tag Reads Hudson Bay 1800-1840′s.
22. Hand Forged Revolutionary Pike Head. Tag Reads 1740 – 1780 North Carolina.
23. Decorative Native American / Indian Lamp.
24. Toy Cork Pop Gun 1930′s – 1940′s
25. Decorative Native American / Indian Dream Catcher.
26. Decorative Native American / Indian Porcelain Box.
27. Unopened 1920′s Bottle Of Indian Arrow Root Vegetable Laxative Compound.
28. Decorative Native American / Indian Chief.
29. Decorative Native American / Indian Female With Child.
30. Decorative Porcelain Pre Columbian Inca Warrior.
31. Pre Columbian Inca Pottery Figurine.
32. Pre Columbian Inca Pottery Figurine
33. Decorative Native American / Indian.
34. Bag Of 1900 To Modern Era Marbles. X 4
35. Hudson Bay Glass Trade Bead Necklace With Triple Cross In Wood Display Frame.
36. Solid Condition 500 – 900 Years Old Strap Handle Pottery Jar From South West Arizona.
37. 800-1200 Years Old Prehistoric Pottery Water Bottle From Scott County Missouri.
38. Solid Condition 900-1200 Year Old Painted West Texas Pottery Bowl.
39. 9 X 12 Frame Of Tennessee Pottery Shards.
40. Large Board Of Various Arrowheads And Hardstone Celt From Nashville Tennessee Region.
41. 12 X 12 Wood Frame With Various Prehistoric Bone Tools.
42. 12 X 12 Wood Frame With Pottery Shards From Nashville Tennessee Region.
43. Display Frame With Prehistoric Bone Awls And Fleshing Tools.
44. Group Of Fossils Including Mastodon Bone, Bison And Sharks Tooth From The Nashville Tennessee
45. Box Lot Of Three Damage Tennessee Pottery Bowls.
46. Blue And White Porcelain Turtle Bowl With Lid.
47. Handmade Kenyan Turtle Effigy Plate.
48. 1900′s Hand Crafted Southwestern Pottery Jar With Stand.
49. Large Decoratively Designed Hand Woven Basket Purchased From The Robert Redford Old West
Hole In The Wall Ranch.
50. 1900′s Hand Crafted Pottery Jar.
51. 1900′s Hand Crafted Southwestern Pottery Jar.
52. Group Of 7 Southwestern Kachina Dolls.
53. Late 1800′s Early 1900′s Woven Southwestern Basket.
54. 12 X 18 Wood Frame Of Points From Kentucky And Tennessee Boarders.
55. 12 X 18 Wood Frame Of Points From Kentucky And Tennessee Boarders.
56. Display Frame With Two Knives.
57. 9 X 12 Display Frame With Kkk Knife And Two Brass Medallions.
58. Display Frame With Kkk Swastika Brass Medallions.
59. Display Frame With Old Brass Knuckles Found In Wall Of Old House Augusta Kentucky.
60. Display Frame With Old Brass Tokens.
61. Old Texas Kkk Medallion.
62. Display Frame With Old Brass Lock And Key.
63. Display Frame With Old Souvenir Knives.
64. Display Frame With Old Swastika Nazi Medals.
65. Display Frame With Contemporary Native American Collectables.
66. Display Frame With 1862 Lincoln Peace Medal.
67. Southwestern Native American Sand Painting.
68. Display Frame Of Four 1950′s Collectors Knives.
69. Display Frame With Old Indian Affairs Metal Tag.
70. Display Frame With Old Omeco Lock And Key Set.
71. Display Frame With Old Ku Klux Klan Tokens.
72. Display Frame With Nazi Pin Date 1939.
73. Display Frame With Old Two Nazi Pins.
74. Inca Indian Pottery Frog With Engraved Stamp Bottom.
75. Old Texaco Tanker Toy.
76. Old Texaco Toy Truck.
77. Prehistoric Buffalo Horn.
78. Group Of Three Knives With Wooden Display Case.
79. Display Frame With Four Old Ku Klux Klan Tokens And Medals.
80. Old 1800′s Wooden Bucket.
81. Display Frame With Stiletto Knife, Winchester Knife And Indian Police Badge.
82. 12 X 18 Wood Frame Of Drill Points From Kentucky And Tennessee Boarders.
83. Miniature Prehistoric Tennessee Pottery Water Bottle.
84. Red And White Arkansas Painted Swirl Pottery Dog Effigy Bottle.
85. Early 1900′s Native American Woven Southwestern Basket.
86. Group Of Old Western Field Found Cartridges, A Few Are Still Live Rounds.
87. Group Of Old Northwestern U.S. Field Found Horns And Shell Dippers.
88. Prehistoric 700 – 1200 Year Old Big Horn County Montana Stone Bowl With Pestle.
89. Drilled Bone Harpoon / Dagger From Nashville Tennessee Collection.
90. Old Western Medical Bag With Instruments From A Old Northwest Collection.
91. Large Frame With Many Prehistoric Indian Arrowheads And Stone Axe.
92. 12 X 18 Wood Frame Of Points From Kentucky And Tennessee Boarders.
93. 12 X 18 Wood Frame Of Points From Kentucky And Tennessee Boarders.
94. Wooden Display Frame.
95. 12 X 18 Wood Frame Of Points From Kentucky And Tennessee Boarders.
96. Old Three Section Fishing Rod From Augusta Kentucky Collection.
97. Old Three Section Fishing Rod And Reel From Augusta Kentucky Collection.
98. Old Two Section Fishing Rod And 1945 Shakespeare Reel From Augusta Kentucky Collection.
99. Old Walking Cane With Brass Door Knob Handle.
100. Hand Carved Twisted Walking Cane.